Why choose Medley for your college experience?
- Enjoy the complete college experience; from dining together to taking part in intercollegiate events and a comprehensive academic support program. All in a smaller, friendly place.
- Share beautiful welcoming spaces with just 74 others, making it easy to make friends.
- Kick-start your social life. The Medley Hall student club arranges everything from in-house movie nights to scavenger hunts and inter-college competitions.
- Enjoy great food and conversations every day in our heritage dining hall.
- Belong to a community that’s sociable and supportive without restricting who you are. Feel confident, valued and at home.
- A contract that matches the University semester, with options to extend. We don't lock you in to a full year.
Medley Hall residents come from a wide range of backgrounds and life experiences. Meet some of our current students to hear about their Medley Story.
Living at Medley
Find out more about the benefits of living in a small, inclusive, supportive community, the college facilities, and how you can get involved in college life.
Our vision and values, the history of Medley, the current staff team, and our commitment to sustainability.
Fees and Financial Support
Information on what is included in the residential fee and what financial support is available to help with college living expenses.
Alumni and Friends
Medley has more than 1500 Alumni located all over the world. Update your details and stay connected.
Venue Hire and Casual Accommodation
Hold your next event - wedding, conference or photo shoot - in beautiful, historic Medley Hall or find out about our summer accommodation options.
We are accepting undergraduate and graduate applications for Semester 1, 2022. Please apply at the link below (you will be taken directly to the Medley Hall online application portal). If you wish to be considered for financial support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Medley Hall is a small, secular college within the University of Melbourne, located on a beautiful tree-lined street a short walk from the University and close to the City. It provides 74 students with an opportunity to enjoy and contribute to an inclusive, supportive community.
Our community encourages every student to find ways of supporting the endeavours of others within both the College and the wider world. Consistent with this encouragement is Medley’s concern to foster environmental awareness and the practice of sustainable living, both necessary for developing and continuing the well-being of communities throughout the world.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about the Medley tour you have subscribed.
We would love to hear from you!
Medley Hall Fee Remission Bursaries
About the Program
Medley awards over $300k in bursaries each year to eligible students. On average, 1 in 3 students at Medley Hall receive some form of financial assistance from the College to help with residential fees.
It is our aim to make a place at Medley Hall available to students who have been accepted into their course at the University of Melbourne and who would otherwise be unable to experience the benefits of living in a college community. The fee-remission program is largely funded by the Cybec Foundation and comes with the expectation that those who benefit will reciprocate by taking on responsibilities within the College and the wider community. It is our hope and expectation that students who are helped in this way will in their turn "pass it on" when they are able to do so in the future.
Fee remission bursaries are awarded on the basis of financial need in order to meet the 'gap' between income such as: other scholarships and grants; personal contribution; parental/guardian contribution; and Centrelink, and college fees and living expenses.
Some bursaries are only available to students enrolled at the University of Melbourne and/or have other eligibility requirements. Check the details on the individual bursaries and scholarships for details.
Applications are subject to a means test developed in collaboration with Student Financial Aid.
How Do I Apply?
- Submit an Application Form for residency at Medley Hall.
- Indicate that you would like to be considered for financial assistance based on need. If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please contact Medley Hall.
- You will be sent a bursary application form to complete.
- A pre-assessment will be made at the time of interview. Confirmation of the amount of bursaries will be made in the first week of February.
Closing Date for Applications
Semester 1: January 30, 2022
Semester 2: July 30 (note that Sem 2 bursaries are subject to availability)
Supporting Medley Hall
We welcome any contributions that go towards supporting our students and the facilities at Medley Hall.
If you are looking for ways to support Medley, please contact us:
Dr Helen Lamb, Medley Hall, the University of Melbourne
48 Drummond Street
Parkville VIC 3053
Ph: +61 3 8344 4773
All gifts to Medley Hall of $2 or more are tax deductible for Australian tax purposes.
Book a Virtual Tour
- 48 Drummond Street
Carlton VIC 3053
- +(61 3) 8344 5476
- +( 61 3) 9923 6307
Distances from Medley to key landmarks
|Stop 1 (Melbourne University)||13 mins||5 mins||9 mins|
|The Spot building||15 mins||5 mins||15 mins|
|Melbourne School of Design||17 mins||6 mins||14 mins|
|VCA||33 mins||10 mins||25 mins|
|Melbourne Central||11 mins||7 mins||9 mins|
|Flinders Street station||22 mins||7 mins||18 mins|